Alyssa Kroskey

Senior Alyssa Kroskey has been selected as the 15th Farmers Insurance Player of the Week for the fall sports season. Kroskey was chosen by head coach Mandy Ratliff for the dedication and leadership she has shown on the team.
Micah Freeman

Tim Monihan and Farmers Insurance recognize senior cheerleader Alyssa Kroskey as 15th the Player of the Week for the fall sports season.

“I feel that this season I have gone above and beyond,” Kroskey said. “I have been more encouraging. I have talked more at practices and stuff. Just trying to do everything I can to get us every single point this season.” 

Kroskey has been a varsity cheerleader for four years. Competition cheer head coach Mandy Ratliff nominated Kroskey for her outstanding leadership as a senior and the confidence she has shown throughout the season. 

“She is always willing to give 100% and she has been a great leader this year,” Ratliff said. “She has shown new skills that have helped us to get more points. She is just a great cheerleader all around.”

Starr’s Mill won four competitions this season. The team finished runner-up to Whitewater in last weekend’s region championship.  

“[Preparing for state competition], we are trying to really clean up everything to try to get just every last point we can,” Ratliff said. “Giving them the confidence and teaching them how to stay focused because we have a lot of new kids.” 

Starr’s Mill performs in the AAAA state championship at 3 p.m. on November 10 in Macon.