Evan Bartek

Evan Bartek was chosen as the 17th Player of the Week for the fall sports season. Bartek was chosen for his consistency and hard work.
Jae Ardoin

Tim Monihan and Farmers Insurance recognize junior Evan Bartek as the 17th Player of the Week for the fall sports season.

“He has consistently been one of our top performers the entire season,“ head coach Chad Phillips said. “He’s a very selfless kid. He loves it. He’s a competitor.”

Bartek plays middle linebacker and outside linebacker on defense. He has a total of 73 tackles this season, averaging 10.4 tackles per game. Bartek is currently ranked top 28 in Division AAAA and top two in AAAA Region-4 for defensive tackles. 

“I work hard. The D-Line has really helped me,” Bartek said. “[I] do off-season workouts, [attend] practice, all of that.”

The Panthers defeated the Shaw Raiders 48-0 in last Saturday’s first-round playoff game. It was the 300th game in Starr’s Mill football history.

“We’ve really come together as a family and started to click,” Bartek said. “The chemistry has been really good.”

Starr’s Mill hosts New Hampstead in the second round of the AAAA state playoffs this Friday at 7:30 p.m. The advancing team will play the winner of the game between Lovett and Central Carrollton.