FCCLA donates food to Fayette Samaritans

Back to Article
Back to Article

This orange box, located at the front of Hope Via’s room, holds some of the food donated by students. The food will be collected through Nov. 3 and then delivered to the Fayette Samaritans.

Shelby Foster

Shelby Foster

Shelby Foster

Emma Posey, Staff Writer

Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America, one of the many well-know clubs here at the Mill, is seeking donations to help the Fayette Samaritans with the fall food drive. Early childhood education teacher and FCCLA sponsor Hope Via is helping to lead the drive.

“[I think that it] builds a sense of community while helping others in need,” Via said when asked about the benefits of students participating in the event.

Via is asking for the donation of any non-perishable food items. Students can place the food in the bright orange box located at the front of her room 819 or in the box in the front office.

Any student at Starr’s Mill is allowed and encouraged to donate. The club is already close to reaching its goal of 100 items, but donations will continue to be accepted through Nov. 3.

Rating: 2.5/5 (2 votes cast)
FCCLA donates food to Fayette Samaritans, 2.5 out of 5 based on 2 ratings