Pantherettes ready for state this weekend

Twitter: @SMHS_DANCE

The Pantherettes celebrate their 3rd place finish at the Magic City Dance Team Championship. The team has had a successful season so far this year and heads to state this Saturday hosted at McIntosh High School.

Liza Eubanks, Staff Writer

This past weekend the Mill’s Dance Team competed at nationals in Orlando, Fla. The Pantherettes advanced to the semifinals in pom and received the best scores in Pantherette history at the event.

“This season has been very good,” co-captain Hanna Johnson said. “There has been no negativity…we all just want to compete.”

The Pantherettes have had an impressive season so far, including 1st in pom and 1st in jazz at Ringgold, their second competition of the season, and 3rd in pom and 3rd in jazz at the Magic City Dance Team Championship in Alabama, the team’s third competition of the year.

Johnson placed 2nd in her solo performance at Ringgold and 1st at Magic City. She is the only one to perform solo so far this season.

“We have all gotten along really well,” Johnson said. The team is ready to compete this weekend at state, their last competition of the season. Come out and support the Pantherettes this Saturday at McIntosh High School.  The team is expected to perform around 12 p.m.