MUSINGS now accepting submissions

Annika Pepper

MUSINGS is now accepting submissions for the 2022 literary-art magazine. Entries can include writing, art, or music. Interested students can scan the QR code posted around the school or see Dr. Bonnie Stanford in room 708.

Abi Carter, Editor

The MUSINGS literary-art magazine is now accepting submissions for this year’s magazine.

Students with a creative passion can submit a variety of projects including art, photography, poetry, short stories, and music by February 28. Pieces should demonstrate skill and a sense of identity in the student. 

“Putting your work out there for others to see/read/hear takes a certain amount of bravery, but it also encourages others to take a risk,” creative writing teacher Dr. Bonnie Stanford said. 

Stanford thinks the student body benefits as a whole seeing success in various formats that may have previously been unknown to them. 

Since the annual literary-art magazine is meant to showcase student talent, there are no entry fees. 

The magazine will compete for GSPA honors again this year. The competition aspect is mostly to recognize the team that works on the publication itself, but it allows a few pieces for individual recognition. 

Interested entrants can scan the QR code posted around the school, ask their English teacher, or see Dr. Stanford in room 708.