School store is back in business

Menu+sign+in+the+window+of+the+school+store.+The+store+has+officially+opened+for+the+2022-2023+school+year.+

Ashton Lewandowski

Menu sign in the window of the school store. The store has officially opened for the 2022-2023 school year.

Ashton Lewandowski, Staff Writer

The school store has returned after a long summer break. The store is the go-to place for students looking to add an extra treat to their lunch, and has been a staple of the Starr’s Mill cafeteria since the store’s inception in 1999. 

In recent years the school store was unable to reach its full potential due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the entrepreneurship class this year is ready for an explosive return. 

“It’s a smaller group, but we are going to try out a lot of new things to make it a happening place to be,” entrepreneurship teacher Jeff Klein said.

Coke products, cookies, and TCBY are just some of the products that the school store will be selling. There is also talk of slushies, popcorn, and cotton candy being added to the menu as the year goes on. 

“We plan on rolling out a lot of new campaigns and promotions and products each month to keep interest up amongst the student body,” Klein said.  

Snacks are not the only items the store sells, with basic classroom materials being available as well. Students can recommend products for the store to consider selling in the future. 

The school store is just one of the many projects the entrepreneurship class sets up and operates. The class will also be bringing back an annual golf tournament that will take place later in the year.  

The store is managed by the entrepreneurship class and is available in the cafeteria during all three lunch periods. The entrepreneurship course is the third part of the business and legal environment pathway and is composed of juniors and seniors.