Band hosting walking Christmas concert

Photo via Rawpixel under Creative Commons license

Band will host its annual Christmas performance on December 5 and 6. Performances will take place throughout the school building.

Jenson Mahr, Staff Writer

Starr’s Mill band will host their annual Christmas next week. They are calling this band promotion the walking concert, and it will take place inside the school.

“The students perform in different groups, each playing their own part making them become more confident musicians,” assistant band director Bert Groover said.

The concert will take place in the 600 and 700 halls of the school with groups of student musicians. Each person in a group will be able to showcase their abilities to play their instrument in front of their parents. 

“Everyone seemed to enjoy it last time because the parents were able to get close to listen to their kids play their instrument,” Groover said.

This is the second time a concert like this is being performed. Instead of the students being on the big stage playing their instruments, the parents are able to listen to them individually from a closer standpoint.

Interested parents and students should arrive prior to 7 p.m. on December 5 or 6.