Starr’s Mill tops county CCRPI scores

Katie Johnson

Starr’s Mill earned the highest College and Career Ready Performance Index scores in the county. The index scores schools on a variety of categories including content mastery and graduation rates.

Katie Johnson, Editor

Starr’s Mill earned the highest CCRPI score out of the five Fayette County high schools. 

“It’s a testament to the hard work of the students and the teachers, ” Principal Allen Leonard said. 

The College and Career Ready Performance Index is a comprehensive school improvement accountability, and communication platform for all educational stakeholders that promotes college and career readiness for all Georgia public school students. 

Starr’s Mill earned 98.7 in content mastery, while the readiness score was 91.1 and the graduation rate was 96.4.

“There are a lot of different measurements that go into this,” Leonard said. “[It] is not just test scores, and a lot of it has to do with staying in school and getting through school.”

The county overall earned 87.3 for content mastery, 84.5 for readiness, and 90.9 for graduation rate.