Bring on the madness!

Prowler to host its first ever March Madness bracket challenge

Daniel Stackhouse, Staff Writer

Every March, there is one sporting event that brings all kinds of people together for the next month. The NCAA men’s basketball tournament is almost here and fans are getting ready for another year of thrills and chills. And now, for the first time ever, The Prowler will host a bracket challenge for all of Starr’s Mill.

There is no entry fee! All you need to do is click here and fill out your bracket. The Prowler will monitor all the brackets throughout the tournament and bring a weekly podcast on all the happenings of the tournament and the state of the brackets. We will even bring in some of the leading students and teachers to discuss the tournament.

Points will be given based on the system of points used by ESPN. In the case that there is a tie at the end of the tournament, the winner will be selected based on the amount of games correctly chosen. If somehow that two or more entrants earned the same amount of points and the same amount of games correct, the prize will be split.

The winner of the bracket challenge will receive two prizes: $30 Amazon gift card and an invitation to discuss the winning bracket on a feature podcast.

In order to regulate this contest, there are a few rules that must be followed:

• All entrants must be either an enrolled student or an official staff member at Starr’s Mill High School.
  • Every contestant is limited to entering ONE bracket.
  • All brackets must be named in the following structure:
    • First Name Last Name Grade Number
    • Ex. Daniel Stackhouse 11
    • Ex. Justin Spencer Faculty

Entries not following these rules will be disqualified.

All members of the Panther family are invited to make a bracket and compete. I just have one question for all aspiring competitors. Do you have what it takes to overcome the madness and reign supreme?

Entries due before the tournament begins on March 19.