Boys basketball shows improvement despite region loss

Adebola Adepoju

Senior Jeremiah Williamson attempts a shot. LaGrange had control over the ball, resulting in Starr’s Mill attempting to play catch up through most of the game.

Micah Freeman, Staff Writer

Last Friday, the boys basketball team suffered a 69-54 loss to region opponent LaGrange.

“We have grown so much as a team compared to when we last played them,” head coach Josh Reeves said.

Sophomores William Robinson and Scott Stevens led the team in points, scoring a majority of points in the first half. Senior Cade Daniel picked up the reins for the second half, scoring 12 points for the team.

“We played hard,” Daniel said. “They were a really good team and we fought until the end.”

LaGrange put pressure on the team throughout the game. The Panthers did their best to offset the pressure however, LaGrange broke through and continuously scored.

Starr’s Mill fought to win on offense. However, Lagrange fought back on defense resulting in the 69-54 loss.

“In practice, we have to work on close-out shooting,” Robinson said.

Starr’s Mill played again on February 7 against North Clayton, winning 85-80 in overtime. The Panthers have one last regular season home game against Whitewater at 7 p.m. this Friday.