JV girls shutout Grangers, extend winning streak to seven

Jenson Mahr

Sophomore Emily Daniel takes possession of the ball and attempts to move around her opponent. The Lady Panthers won the game 6-0, extending their winning streak to seven games.

Jessica Doyle, Staff Writer

JV girls soccer continued their winning streak Tuesday night with a 6-0 defeat of the LaGrange Grangers. The girls posted two goals in the first half, and the final four goals in the second half.

The Lady Panthers had a strong start to the game, maintaining possession and moving the ball well. The Panthers never backed down, continuing to hold the pressure on the Granger side of the field. 

“They played good, they played aggressive, moved the ball, played with calm poise and confidence,” head coach Mike Meyer said. “Tonight, they probably played their best game.”

In the first five minutes into the game, sophomore Emily Daniel scored. Eighth grader Ava Ferron scored twice while freshmen Lauren Barch and Hope Catlett each added a goal. Eighth grader Avany Yeager and Daniel each had an assist in the match.

“We’ve had some team bonding,” Barch said. “It’s helped us connect, and we have good chemistry.”

After beginning the season with a tie and a loss, the girls are on a seven-game winning streak. The JV Lady Panthers play again on Monday at Northgate at 6 p.m.