JV boys bounce back, defeat LaGrange 3-2

Jenson Mahr

Sophomore Micah Seitz takes control of the ball. The Panthers defeated LaGrange after losing their previous two games.

Jessica Doyle, Staff Writer

Junior varsity boys soccer bounced back Tuesday night defeating LaGrange 3-2. The Panthers had lost their previous two matches.

The boys began the game with control of the ball. The pressure was on the Grangers at the beginning, but over time the pressure shifted between the two teams. Despite this the Panthers kept good defense, teamwork, and eventually the pressure was back on LaGrange.

“We didn’t start off too good, but over the course of the games we really picked it up and started improving,” sophomore Micah Seitz said. “We’ve definitely improved on teamwork and playing as a team.”

Freshman Issac Gomez scored the first goal of the match in the first 15 minutes. The Grangers were able to score twice, but the Panthers came back with a score from eighth grader Anthony Uribe. Seitz scored in the final five minutes of the game to give the Panthers the win.

“Over the last couple of games we’ve found our stride and really improved with our skill level,” head coach Nick Castagna said. “We still got some tough matches coming up, [and] really it’s got to be about teamwork.”

The Panthers are now 4-4-1 on the season. The team travels to Northgate on March 20 to play the Vikings starting at 7:30 p.m.