From the choir room to Cinderella’s castle

Members+of+the+chorus+will+travel+to+Disney+World+to+perform+in+the+Epcot+Candlelight+Processional+for+the+fourth+time+ever.+They+will+be+leaving+on+Nov.+29+and+returning+on+Dec.+2.+

Members of the chorus will travel to Disney World to perform in the Epcot Candlelight Processional for the fourth time ever. They will be leaving on Nov. 29 and returning on Dec. 2.

Mary Jane Gagliano, Staff Writer

Members of the Starr’s Mill High School choral department are preparing for the Epcot Candlelight Processional at Disney World. They were chosen to perform for this special performance after sending in an audition video.

“We will perform with the Disney Symphony and other chosen choirs who were chosen. There is always a celebrity narrator and this year Neil Patrick Harris will be the narrator,” choral director John Odom said.

This will be the fourth time that the Starr’s Mill Choral Department performed in the Epcot Candlelight Processional. The first time they performed was in 2005, then they performed again in 2011 and 2014. This will be a first-time experience for all the students who will attend.

They will leave Peachtree City on Nov. 29 to travel to Disney World. While they are not performing, they will get to enjoy time in the four Disney Parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. In addition to the time within the parks, the students will also have the opportunity to go to Medieval Times, a dinner show that contains mock battles and various performances. Their performance for the Epcot Candlelight Processional will be held on Dec. 1.

“I am super excited to go and have fun with my friends. I am expecting to come back with new friendship bonds and will have more of an experience with performing,” sophomore Anna Stalzer said.

There will be students from each of the various choirs attending the trip. In preparation for the trip, students will meet after school twice a week until they leave for Florida.