Help fund historic trip to nationals

The+History+Bowl+Team+is+off+to+nationals+this+weekend+after+months+of+preparation%2C+including+the+History+Bowl+Smackdown+on+April+12.+The+team+still+needs+more+help+though%2C+and+you+can+do+so+by+donating+to+the+team+directly.++
Back to Article
Back to Article

Help fund historic trip to nationals

The History Bowl Team is off to nationals this weekend after months of preparation, including the History Bowl Smackdown on April 12. The team still needs more help though, and you can do so by donating to the team directly.

Shelby Foster

Shelby Foster

Shelby Foster

Jacob Hunt, News Editor

The History Bowl Team needs your help!

After months of fundraising they almost have enough money for their upcoming trip to the National History Bowl Competition in Washington, D.C. But the trip is this weekend, April 26-28, so time is limited. That’s where you can come in.

“Several local businesses have promised us some money and several very generous faculty members have given us donations,” Rickeard said. “But because it’s upon us so quickly, that’s about it.”

So far businesses, faculty, and students have all helped in funding the trip. You can join this list of givers by donating today!

The team you will be supporting includes varsity members Jack Durham, Laura Hampson, Zack Livsey, Peyton Panos, and Rhett Perry, and junior varsity members A.J. Martin, Julia Ash, Haiden Wiberg, and Will VanHuffel.

For the rest of the week you can donate as much money as you want to the History Team to help pay for their trip. Donations can be made out to the Starr’s Mill High School History Club and can be turned into the front office or Rebecca Rickeard’s room on the social studies hall.

“We are definitely going [this weekend] and we are in top three for the ten teams going in Georgia, so we are in really good shape to do pretty well.”

Rating: 5.0/5 (2 votes cast)
Help fund historic trip to nationals, 5.0 out of 5 based on 2 ratings