Art Club

Submitted by Disha Patel

Art students walk around the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for a day looking at plants and taking pictures of whatever inspired them.

Allie Bunting, Staff Writer

Purpose

• To place art on the map within the community
  • Create visual art awareness

Details

• Two meetings a month
  • Organize art shows

Sponsor

• Todd Little

Art teacher Todd Little created Art Club when the Mill first opened in 1997 to provide an environment for budding artists. The club acts as an open space for students to foster their creativity and share their ideas and creations.

Art club meets twice a month, once every other week, and they involve themselves in activities such as painting murals and printing t-shirts. The club meetings usually involve discussion and preparation for their upcoming projects. They are currently working on an art show based on their recent field trip to the Atlanta botanical gardens. Students were told to draw inspiration from the flora they observed and create a piece of art in the medium of their choice. “[The field trip] was super cute,” senior Kristen Stogner said. “We all walked around and took photos and read about all the plants.”

Art Club is an ideal place for students to share their creative ideas and pursue artistic endeavors. “We have a round table of dedicated art students,” Little said.