Starr’s Mill to host college fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

Starr’s Mill to host college fair

Starr’s Mill will host a college fair and financial aid sessions on Sept. 24. from 6 to 8 p.m. For additional information please visit the college fair website (www.gotocollegefairs.com).

Gotocollegefairs.com

Gotocollegefairs.com

Gotocollegefairs.com

Kathleen Stephens, Staff Writer

Next week, Starr’s Mill will host the PROBE college fair. This will give students the opportunity to speak to representatives from some big and small colleges regarding options for a future after high school.

“[The fair] is a group of colleges that has representatives that travel all around Georgia throughout the months of September, October, November,” guidance counselor Connie Patterson said.

There are up to 100 colleges attending this event, including: Auburn University, Xavier University, University of South Carolina, and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

“Seniors probably have an idea where they want to go, but might want to talk to an admissions person face to face to show interest or ask a question about admissions that they’re not certain about,” Patterson said.

All juniors are encouraged to go to get a good look at some colleges they are unsure about or want to talk to to see if it is a good option. Seniors are still allowed to come to ask questions and talk to a school they are planning to apply to.

The fair will take place in the Rising Starr Middle School and Starr’s Mill High School cafeterias. In addition, financial aid sessions will be held in Willie Duke Auditorium from 6:15 to 7 p.m. and 7:15 to 8 p.m. The same information will be presented at both financial aid sessions.

Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)
Starr’s Mill to host college fair, 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 rating