The student-run online newspaper for Starr's Mill High School

Blythe Terry

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief

Senior Blythe Terry is a three-year member of The Prowler staff.  She is editor-in-chief and a staff writer.

All content by Blythe Terry
As part of the school’s renovation, new signs have been placed at the bathrooms adjacent to the front office. While the change isn’t permanent, what purpose do these bathrooms serve at Starr’s Mill today?

Bathroom aftermath

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
February 11, 2019
The Derry Girls in action. Erin (Saoirse-Monica Jackson), accompanied by friends Orla (Louisa Harland), James (Dylan Llewellyn), Clare (Nicola Coughlan), and Michelle (Jamie-Lee O’Donnell), address a dilemma facing the school newspaper.

Teenage antics amidst the Troubles

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
January 19, 2019
Nostalgia is everyone’s favorite media trend. Why, then, are we sometimes invested in a time we never knew?

It was a different time

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
December 17, 2018
The locomotive was a game-changer circa 1800, and for a while in Atlanta history, rail was more than a big deal. Can public transit today be the comeback kid we all so desperately need?

OPINION: Trains are cool

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
December 5, 2018
Today’s political arena is wacky. It’s all the more reason to value common sense.

OPINION: Facts are facts

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
November 6, 2018
Vaping among high school students has shot up throughout the country. How will Starr’s Mill respond?

Smoke and bathroom mirrors

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
October 5, 2018
Foliage grows along a bank. Outdoor activities are a common hobby in the Peachtree City area but little is done to defend our environment.

Sine qua non

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
September 4, 2018
Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) and Patrice Dumas (Laura Harrier) stand with weapons drawn during the film’s finale. “BlacKkKlansman” is cinematically near-perfect and politically complicated.

Fact and fiction, heroes and villains

Blythe Terry, Editor-in-Chief
August 20, 2018
The Baudelaire children— Violet, Klaus, and Sunny— in the episode “The Vile Village.” Despite some questionable decisions by the writers, the series is best when it focuses on what viewers care most about: the dire straits of the Baudelaires and capturing the tone of the beloved books.

Tune in or look away

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
April 21, 2018
Social studies department

Social studies department

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
April 16, 2018
The 1987 film “Can’t Buy Me Love” is just one of the many movies in the teen genre that has had great impact on its viewers. Because all of these films use the same formula (using common occurrences in teen life to manufacture conflict), many plot points repeat themselves, creating a trope.

Anatomy of a teen movie

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
April 12, 2018

[Video] Can’t argue with success

Jacob Hunt, News co-Editor
March 12, 2018
Chidi Anagonye (William Jackson Harper), lead character on NBC’s “The Good Place,” truly crushes gender stereotypes. This is certainly a positive development, but there is definitely room to improve.

The good guy on ‘The Good Place’

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
February 25, 2018
Movie magic bests mundane novels

Movie magic bests mundane novels

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
February 18, 2018
Left: Photo via pexels.com under Creative Commons license
Right: Photo via Flickr (SalTheColourGeek) under Creative Commons license

Head 2 Head

Dana Gould and Blythe Terry
February 18, 2018
Religion is a touchy subject but also a nuanced issue. How should people of faith, atheists, and all that lies in between tackle their differences?

Religion is not a monolith

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
February 10, 2018
Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) meet for the first time. Rian Johnson’s “The Last Jedi” is plenty daring, but offers nothing resembling a logical sequel to Episode VII.

J.J. Abrams, you’re my only hope

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
December 18, 2017
Women are facing standards they must reach in order to be treated with respect. These standards oftentimes echo ideal femininity, and it’s time to examine how makeup contributes to this ideal.

Feminism doesn’t have to be pretty

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
December 12, 2017
Neo Yokio’s most eligible bachelor and demon-slayer Kaz Kaan (Jaden Smith) takes a ride through the city on his mecha-butler, Charles (Jude Law). Despite coming in a neat package, “Neo Yokio” lacks the substance to make a strong first impression.

Pretty meaningless

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
October 10, 2017
A array of past movie tickets. It seems the general public is always collecting stubs from big-budget blockbusters, but why not give some indie flicks a shot?

The movies you didn’t see

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
August 27, 2017
A still from an issue of “Moon Girl,” a series from the Golden Age of Comics. Superheros are a tradition many years in the making, but how are they best transitioned to our modern screens?

Transcending formula

Blythe Terry, A&E co-Editor
August 24, 2017
Belle enters the Beast’s castle. The film, while visually striking, struggled with establishing a consistently captivating tone.

Age before beauty

Blythe Terry, Staff Writer
March 22, 2017
Emily Breault poses for a promotional image for her production company Bleu Lion Media. Unlike many filmmakers in her generation, Breault has chosen to stay local and take advantage of the opportunities in Fayette County, such as the expansion of Pinewood Studios.

A roaring success

Blythe Terry, Staff Writer
March 1, 2017
“Hashtag activism” has become a large component of online activism, especially with regards to Twitter. Those against progressive ideals have used what they see as extreme examples to the justify the complete deflection of activism.

Counter-activism endangers progress

Blythe Terry, Staff Writer
November 17, 2016
These PET scan images compare the brain of a patient with depression and the brain of a patient without. The decrease in red and white areas indicates a decrease in brain activity because of the disorder, which student Susan Smith has struggled with for three years.

A powerful discussion

Blythe Terry, Staff Writer
October 4, 2016
Kirsten Brooks

Kirsten Brooks

Blythe Terry, Staff Writer
August 24, 2016
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All The Prowler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest