The student-run online newspaper for Starr's Mill High School

Ian Fertig

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor

Senior Ian Fertig is a two-year member of The Prowler staff.  He is an arts & entertainment editor and a staff writer.

All content by Ian Fertig
The world is full of stories, but none more important than the stories of our lives. Live the narrative you create for yourself, not the one people create for you.

Tell a real story

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
May 16, 2019
Top 10

[Photo] The B19 Ten

Sophia Bender, Staff Writer
May 13, 2019
The heroes left still living after the decimation caused by Thanos pull together to Avenge the world one last time in “Avengers: Endgame.” This story was a dramatic and wildly successful finale, the best Marvel has created yet.

The End

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
April 29, 2019
In the fourth edition of Panther Reads, math teacher Michelle Genovese shares her latest read, “Through my Father’s Eyes.” This book was written by Franklin Graham, detailing the travels of his father, famous evangelist Billy Graham.

Panther Reads

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
April 26, 2019
Senior Tooni Bamiro recommends “Thats A Rack” by Lil Uzi Vert. This upbeat single is a pre-release for the rapper’s album “Eternal Atake.” The album does not have a release date.

[Photo] Panther Tracks

Luke Bennett, Staff Writer
April 19, 2019
Sophomore Kolby Smith recommends “Venus” by Sleeping at Last. This relaxing track is from the solo artist’s 2014 album “Atlas: Year One,” which features a song for every planet in the solar system.

[Photo] Panther Tracks

Kathleen Stephens, Staff Writer
April 5, 2019
In the first edition of Panther Reads, Jon Gloer, one of the U.S. history teachers at Starr’s Mill, talks about the WWII nonfiction story “Flyboys,” a true tale of heroism and leadership.

[Photo] Panther Reads

Jordan Owens, Staff Writer
March 16, 2019
Viking Chief Hiccup and his trusty dragon Toothless share an emotional moment in Dreamworks Animation’s “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.” This last installment in the franchise concluded Hiccup and Toothless’s story with a fulfilling and heart-wrenching ending.

How to perfect your trilogy

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
March 3, 2019
A small band from the Peachtree City, Trynawanna makes beautiful music that’s comforting and inspiring. The first full-scale release from the band, “Trynawanna EP,” is set to release this week.

Local group ‘Tryna’ go big

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
December 18, 2018
Trapped with a dwindling supply of air, Tony Stark looks out into space. This distressing scene opens the new teaser for “Avengers: Endgame,” the next Avengers film.

Marvel trailer tracking

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
December 10, 2018
As their show comes to a close, the techno indie-pop trio AJR prepare to take a bow for their cheering audience. Their Atlanta concert, which took place on Halloween, was a magnificent display that featured the talent of Robert Delong as the opening performance.

Concert pairing that just clicks

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
November 5, 2018
Spiritually and physically damaged, Matt Murdock continues to fight crime as his vigilante alter ego in season three of “Daredevil.” This season was the most riveting yet, featuring an exciting new villain as well as the return of Wilson Fisk.

The most daring season to date

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
October 27, 2018
Disney’s “Incredibles 2” started off with the fight between the Parr family and the Underminer, which was teased at the end of “Incredibles” fourteen years ago. Amid all of summer’s new features, this film was one of the raging successes.

A season of cinema

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
August 15, 2018
Music as an art form helps people express their emotions. Indie band lovelytheband created music that does just that in their new album “finding it hard to smile.”

Finding it easy to smile

Ian Fertig, A&E Editor
August 14, 2018
Thanos, during a battle against the Avengers, uses the Infinity Gauntlet to throw an entire moon. Epic feats like this are possible with the power of the infinity stones, which make Thanos the most powerful being in the universe in the most impressive superhero movie ever.

Facing the infinite

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
May 1, 2018
Spanish club

Spanish club

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
April 13, 2018
French club

French club

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
April 13, 2018
German club

German club

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
April 13, 2018
In the virtual world of the OASIS, anything is possible, including an epic throwdown between the Iron Giant and an army of evil robots. Sadly, despite the limitless possibilities in the OASIS, it wasn’t possible for the “Ready Player One” movie to live up to its hype.

Another victim of formula

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
April 3, 2018
Mandy Lee, the lead singer for the indie pop band Misterwives, performs at Center Stage in Atlanta. Misterwives is one of many lesser-known bands that create exceptional independent music.

The sounds of life

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
March 8, 2018
T’Challa, the Black Panther, prepares to prove himself as the king of Wakanda in ritual combat. This ritual is one of the many newly introduced concepts that make “Black Panther” stand out among other movies of the superhero genre.

All hail the king

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
February 28, 2018
British director Christopher Nolan is responsible for a wide variety of exceptional movies, including “The Dark Knight.” Nolan’s unique style sets him apart as one of the best directors today.

From brightest day to darkest knight

Ian Fertig, Staff Writer
February 17, 2018
Load More Stories