The student-run online newspaper for Starr's Mill High School

Caylee Cicero

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief

Senior Caylee Cicero is a three-year member of The Prowler staff.  She is the Editor-in-Chief.

All content by Caylee Cicero
Throughout my time with The Prowler, I’ve been able to gain real-life journalism experience and determine what career path I want to go into. From talking to students, to alumni, to professional athletes, I’ve learned so much that I hope to contribute to my future.

My journey through journalism

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
May 22, 2020
Will Anong

Will Anong

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
March 2, 2020
KasslerPOW1

[Photo] Ethan Kasler

Tru Robbins, Staff Writer
February 28, 2020
Photos of Panther alumni Bryce and Kyle Petty displayed on guidance counselor Colleen Petty’s desk. Colleens sons both played football during their time at the Mill.

Bryce and Kyle Petty

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
February 26, 2020
Kali (Gloer) Coley graduated in 2011 and attended the University of Georgia with the intent to major in broadcasting. After redirecting her career path, Coley now works for Home Depot corporate. “I think changing my career path had to do with having the opportunity to work for one of the biggest companies in the world and who has so much to offer,” Coley said.

Kali Coley

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
January 27, 2020
Golf cart drivers look back in line as they leave Starrs Mill to see one cart rear-ending another. The frequent accidents involving golf carts around the Mill call for stricter operating regulations.

Opinion: Careless carting

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
December 4, 2019
Senior Corinne Knight performs during halftime. This was the last regular season halftime performance for the color guard and band.

Senior Night

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
November 12, 2019
Brian Fletcher graduated from the Mill in 2007 with hopes of playing baseball professionally. After six years of doing just that, Fletcher has now co-founded his own company, Round 2.

From bat to business

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
November 4, 2019
Physics teacher Craig Martin readies his arms to embrace his daughter Madison during graduation ceremonies for the class of 2019. This year, the Prowler looks to highlight Starr’s Mill alumni who are related to faculty and staff.

Panther Family

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
October 16, 2019
Panther grad Brooke Fletcher interviews Detroit Tigers catcher, Jake Rogers. Fletcher works with FOX Sports Detroit as a sideline reporter for covering games for the Tigers, Redwings, and Pistons.

From family past time to prime time

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
September 26, 2019
Panther alumnus Taran Smith graduated from the Mill from 2011 with hopes of going into engineering. Smith later realized that engineering was not for him and has pursued a career in strength and conditioning.

Taran Smith

Caylee Cicero, Editor-in-Chief
September 5, 2019
Brothers Dustin, Devin, and Branson Hipp all graduated from Starr’s Mill with high career hopes in mind. Although their ideal futures were very different, all three brothers were able to succeed in their prefered fields.

Dustin, Devin, and Branson Hipp

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 29, 2019

The B19 Ten

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 22, 2019

The B19 Ten

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 17, 2019
Panther grad Kento Masuyama (lower left) poses with his electric motorcycle racing team at Pikes Peak, Colorado. Masuyama now lives in Tokyo where he works as a satellite systems and propulsion engineer.

Kento Masuyama

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 16, 2019

The B19 Ten

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 16, 2019

The B19 Ten

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 14, 2019
Panther alumnus David Ballard graduated from the Mill in 2003 with hopes of becoming an attorney like his father and grandfather before him. Ballard now runs his family’s law firm, Ballard Law Office, in Fayetteville, Georgia.

David Ballard

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
May 2, 2019
Starr’s Mill grad Austin Watts during his time working at the Fayetteville Chick-fil-a Dwarf House. After initially just seeking a job as a dishwasher, Watts was employed as a manager for the organization before becoming an insurance agent.

Austin Watts

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
April 18, 2019
Starr’s Mill alumnus Aaron Ash graduated in 2010 with goals of going into a career in technology. Ash is now employed at a Colorado-based startup where he works to improve websites and apps.

Aaron Ash

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
March 31, 2019
Panther alumna, Stephanie Johnson, sits down to talk with NASCAR Xfinity Series driver, Brandon Brown, in the 92.5 The Bear booth during race weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Growing up a NASCAR fan, Johnson now records race recaps for the local radio station.

Stephanie Johnson

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
March 17, 2019
Panther alumna Laura Watson graduated from the Mill in 2008 with hopes of becoming an actress. After her freshman year of college, Watson instead decided to go into photography. She now owns her own wedding photography business.

Laura Watson

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
February 20, 2019
Former Panther David Mitchell sits in his office at Georgia Tech’s School of Interactive Computing. After graduating from the Mill in 2006, Mitchell went from writing to sports for local newspapers to working in public relations and promotions at Tech.

David Mitchell

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
January 31, 2019
Starr’s Mill alumnus Will Anda graduated in 2013 with a passion for neuroscience. Before Anda follows his dreams by attending medical school, he decided to travel to Cambodia and volunteer with the Peace Corps.

Will Anda

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
January 15, 2019
Panther alumna, Tiana Morris, graduated from the Mill in 2010 with the hopes of helping others. She fulfilled these dreamed when she discovered the AmeriCorps where she traveled and served the country.

Tiana Morris

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
December 16, 2018
Former Panther Danny Herres poses at the Mount Everest Base Camp in Nepal last June. Since graduating from the Mill in 2000, Herres has been living overseas, teaching, and experiencing world cultures.

Danny Herres

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
November 30, 2018
Former Panther Luke Behnke graduated from the Mill in 2011 with hopes of working in the racing industry. Hes since made those dreams a reality and obtained a position as digital media coordinator for NASCAR.

Luke Behnke

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
November 4, 2018
Aric Almirola, driver of the No. 10 Smithfield Bacon For Life Ford for Stewart-Haas Racing, celebrates in Victory Lane after winning 1000Bulbs.com 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. Almirola stayed up front with his teammates all race and was in position to take the lead on the final lap and earn his first victory with Stewart-Haas Racing.

Checkmate!

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
October 15, 2018
This weekend, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series drivers return to racing at Talladega Superspeedway after an almost month long break. The Fr8Auctions 250 will be a elimination race challenging playoff contenders championship hopes.

Taking on Talladega

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
October 8, 2018
Former Panther Mary Chaudoin during her time with the SEC Network. Chaudoin started working for the channel when it first launched in 2014 and continued to work there for the next three years before getting a job with CNN.

Mary Chaudoin

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
October 2, 2018
Starr’s Mill alumna Brittany Beckham overlooking planning of her company Lutzy. With the soon to be launched fashion app, Beckham plans to revolutionize how is shopping done.

Brittany Beckham

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
September 17, 2018
Former Panther Nicole (Chrzanowski)Hendricks stands inside New Era Field, the home of the Buffalo Bills. Hendricks grew up rooting for the Bills and is now the communications director for the team.

Nicole Hendricks

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
August 30, 2018
Just a short drive from Peachtree City, visitors are welcomed to Talladega by this sign at the entrance of the track. The next races at the superspeedway will be held the weekend of Oct. 13.

This is Talladega

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
August 24, 2018
Panther graduate Kathyrn and her husband Chris hold the documents making their business, Cambridge Avenue Design, official. Loboda started exploring the idea of opening her own company in 2015 after realizing she could make a living out of her hobby and fondness of crafting.

Kathryn Loboda

Caylee Cicero, Features Editor
August 16, 2018
Art club

Art club

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
April 16, 2018
The Starr’s Mill Octagon Club will host the school’s first Kindness Week the week of April 16-20. Students will be encouraged to take part in various acts of kindness each day.

Octagon Club spreads kindness

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
April 12, 2018
Student Government Association

Student Government Association

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
April 12, 2018
Culinary art students bake king cake just in time for Mardi Gras. The cakes were requested by the French Department to allow students to fully embrace the French origins of Mardi Gras.

Laissez le bon temps rouler

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
February 28, 2018
The Starr’s Mill creative writing classes took a trip to Reinhardt University last weekend. Professors from the college worked with students to advise them in improving their writing.

Students receive creative advice

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
February 3, 2018
Although parents support education at the school level through donating and volunteering, few parents stay informed of the decisions the Fayette County Board of Education makes. Starr’s Mill’s parents are finding little time or motivation to keep up with important FCBOE updates leaving some wondering what exactly is going on at the FCBOE level.

Bored and uninformed

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
November 21, 2017
One of music’s hottest artists, Taylor Swift, just released a new, highly anticipated album. With a modified persona, Swift’s music has changed in a way we would have never expected.

…ready for it?

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
November 18, 2017
Starr’s Mill’s Student Government Association is now accepting new toys for it’s annual Toys 4 Tots drive. The Mill’s students will compete against McIntosh’s students to see which school can collect the most toys as part of the Battle of the Bubble.

Competing on a different field

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
October 4, 2017
Two Starr’s Mill cheerleaders take a moment of silence to collect themselves before competing. Last Saturday, the cheer team competed in its first regional competition under new head coach Heather McNally.

Cheering on a new head coach

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
September 25, 2017
Students from the class of 2017 participate in a dance off near the attendance office.  To help this year’s students prepare for Decades Day, The Prowler has compiled a playlist of the hottest music from each decade celebrated during Homecoming week.

Oldies but goodies

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
September 6, 2017
Voting has ended and this year’s Homecoming court has been announced. Next week, Homecoming festivities will commence including the Homecoming parade and football game.

The Mill has spoken

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
August 30, 2017
Featuring some of the latest and most popular music, this back-to-school playlist includes a variety of genres popular with students including pop, rap, rock, and country.

The sound of school

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
August 26, 2017
Dr. Bonnie Stanford

Dr. Bonnie Stanford

Caylee Cicero, Staff Writer
August 24, 2017
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All The Prowler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest